Tuesday 4 June 2013

Baby button mushrooms, asparagus, perfect mashed potatoes and salad!

So I thought I would have more time once I finish my exams... However I spent the last few days in London, where I wasn't really able to cook (since my mum rules in the kitchen). The only thing I've made was a mango, pomegranate salad with feta cheese (will try to take a photo next time I make it). 

Anyway, London was very nice as usually. Me and mum went to the the Sanctuary Spa in Covent Garden, it was really good despite the nasty reviews they got on the tripadvisor website.

Talking about trips, we are going to Malta on Thursday. I'm really excited, can't wait to have truly sunny, warm weather and to taste some new dishes. I will have to do a little research on that!

Now, let's get to the point - yesterday's dinner (for the first time I managed to obtain absolutely perfect mashed potatoes!):


Ingredients
  • bunch of thick asparagus,
  • baby button mushrooms
  • potatoes
  • tomatoes
  • cooked beetroots
  • rocket salad
  • Greek yoghurt
  • Chinese stir fry sauce with ginger and garlic
  • salt and pepper
  1. The perfect mash: boil the potatoes 25-30 mins with a bit of salt, mash them with a spoon of butter, 3 spoons of milk, and a spoon of Greek yoghurt (I only used it as I ran out of cream).
  2. Asparagus: boiled for 4-5 mins.
  3. Baby button mushrooms: fried with butter, added the Chinese sauce in the last minute of frying.
  4. Salad: beetroot, tomatoes, rocket salad with Greek yoghurt and pepper.
Pretty effortless dinner in the end :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment